Sadie



     This week I read Sadie by Courtney Summers.  I was given this book by Wednesday Books for the purposes of reviewing it.  The fact that I was provided this book for free by the publisher has no bearing on my honest review.  My opinions are my own and I will always tell you exactly what I think of a book without bias.
     Sadie has always been the one to care for her thirteen year old sister Mattie so when Mattie is murdered Sadie embarks on a journey to track down her killer.  When Sadie goes missing a concerned family friend contacts a Podcast in hopes that they can find her and figure out what happened to Sadie and Mattie.  The story is told from both Sadie's point of view and through transcripts of the Podcast.
     I brought this book on vacation with me and I couldn't put it down.  It's an easy read and it keeps your attention throughout.  I thought the pacing was nice, it didn't feel like there were any parts that dragged on and there was enough suspense to keep it entertaining.
     I loved the addition of the Podcast transcripts.  I thought it was an interesting way to add depth to the story.  Through the Podcast we got to hear the story told by a number of different characters, both people Sadie knew before she disappeared and people she met along the way.  I enjoyed hearing Sadie's accounts of what happened and then having that followed up by the account of the person she interacted with.
     The one thing I didn't like about this book was the ending.  It has one of those endings that kind of leaves you hanging a little bit.  I know some people enjoy filling in the blanks for themselves, making their own conclusions about what happens after the story ends, but I like to know what happens.  It always feels a little empty for me when I don't know what happens to someone I've just spent over 300 pages with.  I'm pretty sure I know what happened, but I'm going to choose to be optimistic and believe everything turned out all right in the end.
     Sadie is currently available for preorder and is due to hit the shelves on September 4th. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bring on the Horror Stories!

The Boy at the Door